ES Dear customer,
General Information. The Legislative Decree n.196/2003 (“Italian Data Protection Code”) provides for the protection of individual and other entities with regard to the processing of personal data.
Under the above-mentioned Decree, personal data shall be processed lawfully, fairly, and transparently, "by respecting data subjects’ rights, fundamental freedoms and dignity, particularly with regard to confidentiality, personal identity and the right to personal data protection" (Section 2).
Therefore, under Section 13 of the Legislative Decree n.196/2003, we will process your personal data by computer for the following purposes:
Automatically Generated Email Delivery
User Tracking and Cookies
Our website uses both technical and analytics cookies (see your browser settings) to remember certain informations - such as your IP address, the ISP, latitude/longitude details, which browser you’re using, and information about your computer’s operating system, date and time stamp information, language settings and pages that have been shown to you, etc. - and the choices you have made - such as the web pages you have viewed, the search words and the currency you use. They will also make sure you are recognised when you access the site again in the future. Technical cookies are absolutely necessary for our website to function properly: they allow us to show you our website, to make it function correctly, to create your user account, to sign you in, and to manage your bookings. Analytics cookies are used for statistical purposes only.
The cookies we use have varying lifespans (e.g. the maximum lifespan we set on some of them is one year from your last visit to our website). You can erase all cookies from your browser any time you want to.
Only the data controller (as defined below) has access to www.discoversouthitaly.com technical cookie data. On the contrary, only Google has access to www.discoversouthitaly.com analytics cookie data.
Using your browser settings in, e.g. Internet Explorer, Safari, Firefox, Chrome, etc., you can set which cookies to accept and which to reject. Use the "Help" function in your browser to locate the settings you need.
If you choose not to accept certain cookies, you may not be able to use some functions on our website.
Protection and Security of Your Credit Card Details
We have implemented and use appropriate business systems and procedures to protect and safeguard the personal information you give us. We also use security procedures and technical and physical restrictions for accessing and using the personal information on our servers - such as HTTPS security protocol (1) and a data encryption mechanism (2).
(1) Your credit card details are sent through a cryptographic protocol. We use Extended Validation - Secure Socket Layer (EV-SSL) to secure your online transaction with us. EV-SSL Certificate has been issued by TRUSTICO.
(2) Your credit card details are encrypted and then sent through an email to the accommodation you have booked. This email allows the accommodation provider to access a specific website section. There is no copy of your credit card details, and only the accommodation provider is permitted to decode such information.
A software firewall protects our server and network from unauthorised access. In addition, an intrusion detection system identifies possible security breaches, which include both intrusions and misuse.
Personal Data Control
Your personal data will be stored for statistical purposes only and will not be shared with third parties. We may share your personal information with government or investigative authorities, if we are required by law (or any regulation having the force of law) to do so. Such requirements include court orders, subpoenas and orders arising from legal processes and criminal investigations. We may also disclose your personal data if it is strictly necessary for the prevention, detection or prosecution of criminal acts.
We need your personal data in order to complete your reservation (if you reject to provide such data, we cannot carry out the contract and send you a confirmation email).
The data controller is "GRUPPO DI RICERCA DEDALOS", a cooperative society incorporated under the laws of Italy, and has its office at Via G. Orlandi 15, 73037 - Poggiardo (LE), Italy. DEDALOS’s VAT registration number is 03643760758.
The data controller controls the processing of personal information on its website. Only the data controller is permitted to change the methods of gathering/dissemination/processing of personal data and the relevant means any time he wants.
If you have any suggestions or comments about this privacy notice, please send an email to email@example.com.
The original Italian version of this privacy notice has been translated into English. The translated version is a courtesy and office translation only, and you cannot derive any rights from the translated version. In the event of a dispute about the contents or interpretation of this privacy notice or inconsistency or discrepancy between the original Italian version and any other language version of this privacy notice, the Italian language version to the extent permitted by law shall apply, prevail and be conclusive. The Italian version is available on our website (by selecting the Italian language) or shall be sent to you upon your written request.
Italian Data Protection Code (Legislative Decree n.196/2003)
Section 7 (Right to Access Personal Data and Other Rights)
- A data subject [i.e. you] shall have the right to obtain confirmation as to whether or not personal data concerning him/her exist, regardless of their being already recorded, and communication of such data in intelligible form.
A data subject shall have the right to be informed:
- of the source of the personal data;
- of the purposes and methods of the processing;
- of the logic applied to the processing, if the latter is carried out with the help of electronic means;
- of the identification data concerning data controller, data processors and the representative designated as per Section 5(2) [i.e. the representative to be designated where the Data Controller is an entity established in a territory of a country outside the European Union];
- of the entities or categories of entity to whom or which the personal data may be communicated and who or which may get to know said data in their capacity as designated representative(s) in the State’s territory, data processor(s) or person(s) in charge of the processing.
A data subject shall have the right to obtain:
- updating, rectification or, where interested therein, completion/integration of the data;
- erasure, anonymization or blocking of data that have been processed unlawfully, including data whose retention is unnecessary for the purposes for which they have been collected or subsequently processed;
- certification to the effect that the operations as per letters a) and b) have been notified, as also related to their contents, to the entities to whom or which the data were communicated or disseminated, unless this requirement proves impossible or involves a manifestly disproportionate effort compared with the right that is to be protected.
A data subject shall have the right to object, in whole or in part,
- on legitimate grounds, to the processing of personal data concerning him/her, even though they are relevant to the purpose of the collection;
- to the processing of personal data concerning him/her, where it is carried out for the purpose of sending advertising materials or direct selling or else for the performance of market or commercial communication surveys.
Acknowledge receipt of the above communication and authorisation, under the articles 23 e 26 T.U., Legislative Decree n.196/2003 (Italian Data Protection Code).